Use the following interactive tool to understand how your hospital’s Overall Rating (CMS stars) changed from the December 2017 release to January 2020 release. Also view how stars were distributed based on your socioeconomic cohort and hospital size. Instructions after graphs.
Select your hospital’s CMS number from the Provider ID filter in the top right of the tool below:
This interactive tool uses the output from the publicly available CMS Overall Rating SAS software available on QualityNet.org for the December 2017, February 2019, and January 2020 releases. Publicly available files for FY20 HRRP were also used to obtain socioeconomic cohorts.
1. Use the filter in the top right corner of the visualization to select your Hospital CMS ID number.
2. The top graph shows the domain and overall scores from the December 2017, February 2019, and January 2020 releases. Compare how each domain changed in score.
3. The Summary table displays the Hospital ID number, HRRP socioeconomic status cohort, hospital size (based on HWR denominator), Overall Summary Score and Star Rating.
4. Click on any of the values in the Summary table to highlight your hospital’s cohort in the socioeconomic and size graphs.
5. The socioeconomic graph shows the distribution of stars based on the five HRRP socioeconomic cohort. Some hospitals were not provided a cohort by CMS; their result is Null. 1 = Highest SES and 5 = Lowest SES
6. The hospital size graph shows the distribution of stars based on quartiles of hospital size, determined by the Hospital-Wide Readmission measure denominator. Some hospitals did not receive a HWR score; their result is Null.